One hospitalized after Everett apartment fire

One hospitalized after Everett apartment fire

Credit: Leslie Hynes, Snohomish County Fire District 1

One hospitalized after Everett apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by CYNTHIA WISE / Sr. Assignments Editor, KING 5 News

NWCN.com

Posted on January 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

A teenage boy was taken to the hospital after an apartment fire early Tuesday morning in Everett.

People living at the Hampton Court Apartments in the 11200 block of 9th Place West were evacuated after flames broke out in the two-story, four unit building just before 3:00 a.m.

A Snohomish County fire spokesperson said a man saw the fire on the back deck of the second floor apartment he shares with his mother. A guest at their apartment tried to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher, but it was too big for him to fight.

Flames from the deck had already spread to the roof and attic by the time firefighters arrived.

A woman and the teenage victim both tried to enter the burning building after being evacuated. Both suffered from smoke inhalation. The teen was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett. His condition was not immediately known.

Investigators are looking at smoking materials or an electrial appliance as possible causes for the fire.

Damage is estimated at more than $200,000.

Print
Email
|