Electrified light poles
SEATTLE – Seattle City Light says four more light poles have been found with elevated voltage levels, in a review prompted by the electrocution death of a dog last year.
No one was hurt in the latest discovery. The recent problems were found at:
- 56th Avenue SW and SW Bradford
- Fauntleroy Way SW and SW Edmunds
- Marine View Drive SW and 42nd Avenue SW
- 12th Ave S. and S. Jackson Street
Work crews have now discovered 12 street lights emitting dangerous voltage levels, since the inspections began roughly a month ago. The utility says all have been repaired.
The review started after Lisa McKibben says her dog, Sammy, was electrocuted on a Queen Anne neighborhood sidewalk in November.
Contractors have been checking every post and nearby piece of metal in an exhaustive review of all 30,000 streetlights. The utility says it hopes to be halfway done with the inspection by later this week.