A cigarette is the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a Silverwood Theme Park bathroom on Sunday


ATHOL, Idaho— It was a cigarette that caused a Silverwood Theme Park bathroom to go up in flames on Sunday.

Investigators from the Timberlake Fire Protection District traced the start of the fire to a cigarette left in an employee-only access area behind the bathroom. The Idaho State Deputy Fire Marshall helped with the investigation.

WATCH: Flames engulf restroom at Silverwood Theme Park

Silverwood managers said the bathroom building will be demolished and eventually rebuilt.

The fire began Sunday afternoon while the theme park was open. When the fire hit, everyone who was in water park was evacuated into the main park area. Boulder Beach was closed for about two hours before people were let back in. The four attractions closest to the fire scene stayed closed for the rest of the day.

Read or Share this story: http://www.nwcn.com/story/news/2014/08/29/kremcom/14813045/