BOISE -- A Boise man suspected in a brutal, May 14th attack on two women in the Boise Towne Square Mall parking lot was arraigned this afternoon on four felony charges including kidnapping, aggravated battery, battery and destruction of evidence.

A judge set bond for 31-year-old Gregory Lee Macho at $2 million. Macho's attorney argued that his client has a wife, two daughters and holds down two jobs, and wanted bond set at $100,000.

Prosecutors say Macho tried to undress and groped a woman in the lower parking of the JC Penney store at the Boise Towne Square Mall. Another woman heard the victim crying and went to her car to help. Moments later that woman was intentionally run over by a pickup truck.

Police say Macho was arrested at his home Tuesday night and booked into jail at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. They say he lives within a mile of where the attack happened. Prosecutors say witnesses identified Macho as the suspect during a police line up.

Police have seized Macho's pickup truck as evidence of the crime. They say he took several steps to alter the appearance of the truck after the May 14th attack.


Police say a man pulled his pickup truck up behind a woman's car as she was getting inside her car, and that is when he pushed himself inside the car and began to sexually assault her.

Another woman nearby getting into her vehicle heard the victim crying and walked toward the victim's car seeing if she needed help.

Police say that's when the man stopped the attack and got back into his pickup. They say as he drove away, it appeared he intentionally swerved to hit the woman who had come to help.

That woman is recovering from serious injuries to her leg and hip. Authorities say she's been released from Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.


Police asked media outlets throughout the Northwest to help in the search for the man responsible for the attack. They say major leads in the case developed after photos of the suspect's truck were released along with a sketch of the suspect.

It was a community effort to solve this crime, said Deputy Chief of Police William Bones. ...The officers who worked this case have contacted literally hundreds of people, followed dozens of leads and put in many long hours developing the evidence that led to this morning's arrest.

A photo of the suspect's pickup and a sketch released by Boise police
Read or Share this story: