SEATTLE -- Authorities say a man charged with killing his grandparents in their Renton home may be in a hotel in Lincoln City on the central Oregon coast.

Oregon State Police, the Lincoln City Police and Lincoln County Sheriff's Office have surrounded the Westshore Oceanfront Motel, where 26-year-old Michael Chadd Boysen is believed to be.

Police have evacuated the hotel and homes in the immediate area.

Jim Fossum, a newspaper reporter with the Lincoln City Guard, said Lincoln City Police Chief Keith Kilian told him they believe Boysen had checked into the hotel Monday night. Fossum said Kilian told him: We don't know if he's still there or not. We've evacuated everyone from the hotel for their safety and now we're trying to call into him to see if there's any response for him to come out, even if he's still in there.

Police say Boysen killed his grandparents in their Renton home after his release Friday from prison.Police believe the elderly couple were killed after they hosted a party for him.

Police say Boysen is considered extremely dangerous and has tried to obtain guns. King County Sheriff John Urquhart said Boysen has threatened members of his family and law enforcement. Investigators say he searched the Internet for gun shows.

Boysen was released from prison Friday after serving several years for robbery. King County Sheriff John Urquhart says Boysen's grandparents -- an 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman -- picked him up from prison and hosted a family welcome home party for him that night.

The couple was killed later Friday or early Saturday at their Renton home.Friends of the victims have identified them as Robert and Norma Taylor.

According to the sheriff's office, the Taylors picked Boysen up from the Monroe Corrections Complex Friday. That same evening, there was a party to welcome Boysen home from prison.Investigators said there was no indication of the violence to come.

They brought him back to the house, they fixed up a room for him to stay in. All the things you would expect grandparents to do for a 26-year-old grandson. We are at a loss as to why he killed them, said Urquhart.

But he told others he would.

Detectives learned Boysen talked about killing his grandparents and law enforcement when he got out of jail.Officials also said Boysen told others he planned to get guns and kill family and law enforcement.

Detectives said the credibility of the information was bolstered by Boysen s internet searches just before or after his grandparents' double murder. Boysen had done an internet search of gun shows across the Pacific Northwest and Nevada.

His family has been warned and is being cared for by police.

Police said the elderly couple s daughter last heard from them around 10 p.m. Friday.Another family member became concerned when the Taylors didn t answer the door Saturday and called their daughter. She went to check on them around 7 p.m. Saturday and found their bodies.

Authorities wouldn't say how the two died until an autopsy is completed, but they did say they were not shot.

Police have issued a warrant for Boysen's arrest. He is described as white, 5-foot-7, about 170 pounds. He may be driving his grandparents' car, a red 2001 Chrysler 300 with Washington license 046XXU.

Police are asking anyone who sees Boysen or the missing vehicleto immediately call 911.

Read or Share this story: