FOREST GROVE, Ore. An off-duty Hillsboro officer was set to appear in court Tuesday on attempted murder charges a domestic disturbance call that ended with a responding deputy being shot inForestGrove.

Deputies were called to Timothy Cannon's home in the 1000 block of 37th Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Sunday A standoff developed and shots were fired, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. One deputy was wounded, along with the suspect, but their injuries were not life-threatening, authorities said.

Ten officers from three agencies were placed on leave after the incident. All fired their weapons. Five were from the Forest Grove department, three from Washington County and one from Hillsboro. Their names were not released. The list does not include Cannon.

One neighbor, who did not want to give her name, said she heard about 20 shots ring out. There was a whole bunch of gunfire right when we re leaving the church parking lot to go to a neighbor s house, she said.

Cannon, 46, of Forest Grove, was arrested and booked on several charges, including attempted aggravated murder. He was booked into the Washington County Jail where he was being held in isolation because he's an officer.

Cannon has worked in the Hillsboro patrol division for the past 13 years, according to Lt. Michael Rouches with the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

Police said they were trying to talk to Cannon about a domestic disturbance with his wife when the shooting took place.

Officers evacuated nearby homes and a church during the standoff as a safety precaution.

I came to the door and the police officer told me that we needed to evacuate our home, there was a shooter up the street with a shotgun and we needed to get out now, said neighbor Robin Forrer.

The wounded deputy was treated at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and released. His name has not been released.

Cannon's wife works for the Forest Grove Police Department as a high-ranking administrator, but not an officer, according to Capt. Mike Herb. She was not hurt in the incident and neither was the couple's 6-year-old daughter.

Herb said five officers were put on paid administrative leave following the shooting, which is police policy after this type of incident. He said that was about one quarter of the small Forest Grove Police Department.

Read or Share this story: