PORTLAND, Ore. - The father of a missing 7-year-old Portland boy says he believes a third party was involved along with his estranged wife in the disappearance of the child six weeks ago.

In e-mail answers to questions Friday from Portland reporters, Kaine Horman gave no basis for his belief other than briefings.

The comments were the latest suggestions he's offered about what might have happened to Kyron Horman, who vanished June 4.

Since then, Kaine Horman has filed for divorce from Terri Horman, the boy's stepmother.

She moved out of their house in Portland on Friday and was reported to have moved to Roseburg in Southern Oregon, where she attended high school and her parents live.

In court documents, Kaine Horman has said he believes that his wife was involved in the disappearance, that he's learned she tried to hire someone to kill him last year and that after the boy disappeared, she began a sexual relationship with a high school acquaintance of his.

Terri Horman has not been charged with a crime nor named as a suspect by investigators.

Her lawyer did not immediately return calls Saturday seeking a response to the husband's comments. The Multnomah County sheriff's office said it would not comment on Kaine Horman's allegation about a third party.

In his responses to questions Friday, Kaine Horman did not identify a third party.

On Friday, Kaine Horman and his estranged wife came to an agreement for Terri to move out of the former family home in NWPortland by 3 p.m. Saturday, but a source tells KGW Teri Horman has already moved out and has returned to Roseburg, where she attended high school and where her parents still live.

As Terri's belongings were taken from the Horman home, Kyron's mother and father were visiting the 'wall of hope' at Skyline school.

They believe Kyron is alive, and they want his room filled with well wishes when he returns.

We've come back several times to get bags full of cards and stuffed animals and all kinds of stuff, said Desiree Young.

We want everyone to know that we've been coming up here quite regularly to pick things up and make sure they're going to get to Kyron when he comes home, said Kaine Horman.

With Terri Horman gone, Kaine said he intends to re-key the locks, change the gate code, and possibly replace certain doors and add additional locks.

Former Sheriff's Captain, Bruce McCain believes investigators will also take a very close look around searching for information about Kyron.

It could be anything from cell phones, it could be notes, garbage cans. They'll be going through the trash, said McCain.

Terri, who was seen leaving her attorney's office Friday, has yet to comment on the case since becoming a focus of the investigation.

Though in the world of public opinion many consider her guilty, she remains uncharged and free to move wherever she wants.

Out of town, out of state even because she's under no compulsion to stay in Oregon. She's not under arrest, she's not under probation, she's free to go wherever she wants, said McCain.

Kaine was told by police last month that Terri had tried to hire a man to kill him, according to a restraining order filed by Kaine.

Kaine also recently filed papers to have Terri held in contempt of court and accused her of violating a sealed restraining order. That court motion also detailed an alleged sexual affair with one of Kaine's high school classmates, and a reported attempt to abduct the couple's young daughter Kiara.

KGWReportersKyle Iboshi and Scott Burton contributed to this report

Read or Share this story: