SEATTLE -- Authorities have confirmed that a man charged with killing his grandparents in their Renton home is in a motel in Lincoln City on the central Oregon coast. Police say Michael Chadd Boysen is armed.

Police say at 7:30 a.m. , a clerk in the motel was watching TV and saw the name and face of the suspect. She remembered that she had checked him in on Monday night and called police.

Oregon State Police, the Lincoln City Police and Lincoln County Sheriff's Office have surrounded the Westshore Oceanfront Motel.

Police have evacuated the hotel and homes in the immediate area.

Police say Boysen killed his grandparents in their Renton home after his release Friday from prison.Police believe the elderly couple were killed after they hosted a party for him.

Police say Boysen is considered extremely dangerous and has tried to obtain guns. King County Sheriff John Urquhart said Boysen has threatened members of his family and law enforcement. Investigators say he searched the Internet for gun shows.

Boysen was released from prison Friday after serving several years for robbery. King County Sheriff John Urquhart says Boysen's grandparents -- an 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman -- picked him up from prison and hosted a family welcome home party for him that night.

The couple was killed later Friday or early Saturday at their Renton home.Friends of the victims have identified them as Robert and Norma Taylor.

According to the sheriff's office, the Taylors picked Boysen up from the Monroe Corrections Complex Friday. That same evening, there was a party to welcome Boysen home from prison.Investigators said there was no indication of the violence to come.

They brought him back to the house, they fixed up a room for him to stay in. All the things you would expect grandparents to do for a 26-year-old grandson. We are at a loss as to why he killed them, said Urquhart.

But he told others he would.

Detectives learned Boysen talked about killing his grandparents and law enforcement when he got out of jail.Officials also said Boysen told others he planned to get guns and kill family and law enforcement.

Detectives said the credibility of the information was bolstered by Boysen s internet searches just before or after his grandparents' double murder. Boysen had done an internet search of gun shows across the Pacific Northwest and Nevada.

Police said the elderly couple s daughter last heard from them around 10 p.m. Friday.Another family member became concerned when the Taylors didn t answer the door Saturday and called their daughter. She went to check on them around 7 p.m. Saturday and found their bodies.

Authorities wouldn't say how the two died until an autopsy is completed, but they did say they were not shot.

Read or Share this story: