SEATTLE --A King County sheriff's spokesman said a Washington man wanted in the deaths of his two grandparents may be in a motel in Lincoln City, Oregon.

Spokesperson Cindi West tweeted that local police have the motel surrounded, and local newspapers tweeted a SWAT team is on site and the hotel has been evacuated.

Michael Chad Boysen, 26, is accused ofkilling his grandparents, who had just picked him up after his release from a Washington state prison, hosted a party in his honor and offered him a room in their Renton home for the night.

Police say Boysen is considered extremely dangerous and has tried to obtain guns.

Boysen was released from prison Friday after serving several years for robbery. King County Sheriff John Urquhart says Boysen's grandparents -- an 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman -- picked him up from prison and hosted a family welcome home party for him that night.

The couple was killed later Friday or early Saturday at their Renton home.Friends of the victims have identified them as Robert and Norma Taylor.

Police have issued a warrant for Boysen's arrest. He is described as white, 5-foot-7, about 170 pounds. He may be driving his grandparents' car, a red 2001 Chrysler 300 with Washington license 046XXU.

According to the sheriff's office, the Taylors picked Boysen up from the Monroe Corrections Complex Friday. That same evening, there was a party to welcome Boysen home from prison.Investigators said there was no indication of the violence to come.

They brought him back to the house, they fixed up a room for him to stay in. All the things you would expect grandparents to do for a 26-year-old grandson. We are at a loss as to why he killed them, said Urquhart.

But he told others he would.

Detectives learned Boysen talked about killing his grandparents and law enforcement when he got out of jail.Officials also said Boysen told others he planned to get guns and kill family and law enforcement.

Detectives said the credibility of the information was bolstered by Boysen s internet searches just before or after his grandparents' double murder. Boysen had done an internet search of gun shows across the Pacific Northwest and Nevada.

His family has been warned and is being cared for by police.

Police said the elderly couple s daughter last heard from them around 10 p.m. Friday.Another family member became concerned when the Taylors didn t answer the door Saturday and called their daughter. She went to check on them around 7 p.m. Saturday and found their bodies.

Authorities wouldn't say how the two died until an autopsy is completed, but they did say they were not shot.

Police believe Boysen fled in the couple's 2001 Red Chrysler 300. It has the Washington License Plate 046 XXU.

Police are asking anyone who sees Boysen or the missing vehicleto immediately call 911.

Read or Share this story: