SEATTLE Sea-Tac International and Portland International are among the airports where the most firearms have been confiscated in 2014.
The Transportation Security Administration says it has already confiscated 1,025 firearms through the first half of this year, according to the Wall Street Journal. That s on pace to surpass the 1,813 collected for all of last year.
Twenty firearms have been confiscated this year at Sea-Tac, tying it for ninth in the nation. Portland was right behind with 19 firearms confiscated.
Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta and Dallas/Fort Worth International led the way with 46 firearms each.
John F. Kennedy International in New York and Los Angeles International, two of the busiest airports in the country, did not make the top 10. JFK had three firearms confiscated and LAX had 10.
Most of the firearms confiscated were found in passengers' carry-on baggage. The TSA says you can have a firearm if you declare it. It must be unloaded and in your checked baggage in a locked, hard-sided container. If you re caught violating this, you could be arrested and fined up to $7,500.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International (46 firearms)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (36)
- Tampa International (29)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston (28)
- Denver International (26)
- Dallas Love Field (24)
- San Antonio International (22)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport; Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International; William P. Hobby; Kansas City International (21)
- Sea-Tac International; Charlotte/Douglas International Airport; Orlando International Airport (20)
- Portland International Airport (18)