SPOKANE, Wash. -- Flames damaged an apartment Monday morning near Main and Bernard.
Firefighters said a bed caught fire around 11:10 a.m. Fire crews arrived and found smoke coming from the building.
Firefighters evacuated everyone and found an unconscious dog. Initially, fire dispatchers confirmed that a dog died. However firefighters later said that the dog survived. Crews carried the dog outside where it began breathing again. Firefighters said the dog then ran off down the street.
SpokAnimal is on scene.