SPOKANE, Wash. -- Autopsy results show the death of a 21-year-old man at a June concert at the Gorge Amphitheater was related to methamphetamine, not the drug known as Molly.
Officials initially thought Patrick D. Witkowski of Des Moines died June 30 due to an overdose of the drug considered to be a form of Ecstasy.
An autopsy ordered by Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris found that Witkowski died of organ failure due to dehydration caused by the heat and methamphetamine intoxication.
According to a Murrow News Service story in The Spokesman-Review, Harris initially thought the death was due to an overdose of Molly, but tests for that drug were negative.
About 25,000 people attended the two-day Paradiso Festival.
Quincy Valley Medical Center treated 40 for problems related to drugs and alcohol.