ST. HELENS, Ore. -- A St. Helens Safeway store was evacuated Wednesday due to a Hazmat emergency.
Fire crews directed around 30 customers who may have been sickened to a triage area on South Columbia River Highway.
There was the possibility of some type gas leak that originated in the deli-meat counter area. People initially reported headaches and difficulty breathing. One man was taken to the hospital.
Most said they felt better once outssde.
There were no serious injuries and a Portland Fire Hazmat crew was investigating.