LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

BOISE -- The Boise School District has canceled all classes at Hillside Junior High on Tuesday to repair the school's electrical system. In addition, all concerts and extra-curricular activities have been canceled.

Hillside Junior High students were evacuated Monday morning after an electrical box sparked sending smoke into the building around 11 a.m.

Boise Fire says there was no fire but the alarms went off and students were evacuated as a precaution. All students and staff are safe.

Firefighters responded after the school's resource officer saw sparks fly from the electrical box while workers were installing new lights.

Boise Fire says Idaho Power had restored power to most of the school around 12:45 p.m.

The school district says school will resume on Wednesday.

Read or Share this story: http://www.nwcn.com/story/news/2014/07/31/12951928/