Report: Chelsea to acquire 17-year-old Brazilian

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on March 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

SAO PAULO (AP) — The Lance sports daily says Chelsea has reached a deal to acquire 17-year-old striker Lucas Piazon from Brazilian club Sao Paulo.

Lance says the English club will pay €6.2 million ($8.6 million) to sign the player, who is currently with Brazil's under-17 squad in the South American championship.

The deal would take effect only at the end of the year, when Piazon turns 18.

Lance said Wednesday that Sao Paulo would receive 80 percent of the transfer fee and the remaining 20 percent would go to the player.

Sao Paulo, a six-time Brazilian champion, will likely use the money to help pay for the recent signing of Brazil striker Luis Fabiano from Spanish club Sevilla.

Print
Email
|