A Company that offers protection plans for cell phones says 23 million Americans have damaged their cell phone or tablet while caught up in the passion of a sporting event and Seahawks fans are "most at risk for a fumble."
SquareTrade says their research shows Seahawks fans are 46 percent clumsier than Broncos fans. The company says says 24 percent of Seahawks fans have had a cell phone "accident" in the past 12 months, compared with 16 percent for those rooting for the Broncos.
The top 5 sporting spectator gadget accidents revealed by the SquareTrade survey are:
1) The standard drop: device dropped from hand – 33%
2) Liquid drops, the most common of which are toilet drops, sweat and water spills – 18%
3) Beer drops - devices dropped in beer –13% - (more common than you think)
4) Passion drops: devices thrown in anger or excitement - 12%
5) Bar drop: devices falling from a bar or table - 8%
SquareTrade offers some tips for an accident free Super Bowl:
1) Keep your phone at hand but not in hand – like the precious TV remote, find a place that is close to the couch and easy to find
2) Count to 10after all suspect calls or player mistakes
3) Never use or take out your device in the bathroom