So, players at the NFL combine are famously asked all sorts of weird questions, but this one might be the weirdest:
Deone Bucannon says the Browns asked him to name as many things he could do with a brick as possible in one minute.— Jacob Thorpe (@JacobThorpeSR) March 7, 2014
Deone Bucannon is one of the top safety prospects of the draft after finishing a stellar career at Washington State. It’s not quite clear how his ability to think of a lot of things to do with a brick will reflect his ability to play in the NFL, but what do we know?
Intrigued by the question, though, USA TODAY Sports senior digital producer Simon Samano and I timed out one minute and tried to type out every thing we could think to do with a single brick.
Here is that list:
- Toss it in water and see if it floats
- Karate-chop it and hurt my hand
- Throw it through a plate glass window
- Throw it through a car window
- Throw it into a door
- Shot-put it into a field of grass
- Shoot the brick through a hoop
- Roll it like a bowling ball
- Try to eat it, break teeth
- Spike it Gronk-style to see if it breaks
- Make a very small walkway
So there you have it. Browns, how did we do?