BOISE -- Grocery supplier Fred Meyer has recalled several types of private label wheat bread after discovering pieces of plastic in loaves delivered to stores in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
The brands affected feature a March 8 sell-by date. They include:
- Kroger Value Wheat Bread, 22.5-ounce loaves with the UPC 11110 02199.
- QFC Tender Twist Wheat Bread, 20-ounce loaves with UPC 11110 20231.
- Fred Meyer Tender Twist Honey Cracked Wheat Bread, 24-ounce loaves with UPC 11110 23004.
- Fred Meyer Tender Twist 100 percent Whole Wheat Bread, 24-ounce loaves with UPC 11110 23005.
- Fred Meyer Tender Twist Wheat Bread, 22.5-ounce loaves with UPC 11110 23006.
The Oregonian reports that Customers who are members of Fred Meyer loyalty programs will receive a call to warn them about the recall.
Customers can also bring the loaves to stores for a refund or exchange.