Fire damages portable classroom at Nampa school

Print
Email
|

by KTVB

NWCN.com

Posted on January 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Updated Thursday, Dec 5 at 4:16 AM

NAMPA -- Students and staff had to evacuate at Ronald Regan Elementary School in Nampa this afternoon.

The fire alarm went off around 3 p.m. because of a fire in an unoccupied portable building.

Since there wasn't a class in the room at the time, it took a little while before anyone noticed the smoke.

The fire did extensive damage to the roof, but no one was hurt.

School officials said the smoke appeared to be coming from area near a heating unit in the portable.

Print
Email
|