SPOKANE COUNTY -- A woman and her grand daughter safely escaped their house after it caught fire Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 6800 block of N. Market around 3:00 p.m.
A woman who lives in the home said she was smoking a cigarette in her bedroom. She said she put the cigarette in an ashtray when she went to the bathroom, and came back to find the wall on fire. The woman said she tried to throw a pitcher of water on the flames, but was unable to put the fire out.
Fire fighters have not released an official cause.