SPOKANE, Wash. -- A fire at a Spokane apartment complex has been ruled arson.
The fire department said Thursday someone intentionally set fire to the Houston House Apartments earlier this week.
Anyone with information is asked to call the arson tip line at 509-344-FIRE (3473).
The fire broke out Tuesday morning at the complex near Houston and Standard. Neighbors told KREM 2 News that the apartment manager spotted smoke coming from the apartment window. He asked a neighbor to pull the fire alarm.
Firefighters contained the flames to one apartment on the third floor. Neighbors do not believe the apartment tenant was home when the fire began.
Flames ripped through the Houston House Apartments in 2010 when a candle sparked a fire. Fire investigators ruled that the fire was an accident. The candle was on a shelf near a blanket.