MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash. -- A firefighter injured his neck battling a church fire in Mountlake Terrace Wednesday morning and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The fire at Mount Zion Lutheran Church started before 3:30 a.m.
Firefighters punched a hole in the roof as they fought the flames.
The injury to the firefighter was not considered serious, but he was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Investigators initially thought it was an arson after finding what they believed to be an incendiary device. They later realized it was a Snapple bottle and a pile of cigarettes. They now believe it may have been an accident, but the exact cause was not immediately given.