SULTAN, Wash. -- Three days after a devastating fire at a landmark building in Sultan, the community is rallying together to help pick up the pieces.
The Boys and Girls Club was destroyed by a fast moving fire on Christmas Eve. Nearly everything in the building was lost, including toys and games for kids to use before and after school.
The Club was used by hundreds of kids over the years. Monday, several people started stopping by the club's new temporary building to drop off donations.
"It's coming in non-stop," said Kami Prutsman, the club's director. "We've had donations from community members, families, other clubs in Snohomish county have brought stuff for us."
Kris Weisbrod and her son Brodie, 7, stopped by with donations all the way from their home in Bellevue.
"As soon as I heard the news, it hit home for us," she said. "A small community like this needed the outreach. We had what we have to give, so we brought it on up."
The club is also seeing a large response from area businesses providing donations. But despite the outpouring of donations, the club is still in need of things like toys, games and books for kids and teens to use.
"I'm feeling like everything is going to be okay," said Prutsman. "It's still sad and we still feel a loss, but we're going to move on."
Fire investigators said they believe the fire started on the second floor of the building and that it is not considered suspicious. Insurance companies for the City of Sultan and The Boys and Girls Club will determine a final cause of the fire.