SPOKANE, Wash.-- A grandmother happened to be in the right place at the right time as her grandchild fell from a second story window in Spokane.
Authorities said she was outside of a home on the 2400 block of North Lincoln smoking a cigarette. At the same time, the mother and 14-month-old toddler were in a second story room. According to officials, the toddler was jumping on the bed and just as a friend told the mother the nearby window was open, the toddler fell out.
Investigators said the mother jumped after the child, catching his foot, and struggled as it left both dangling from the window. At this time, the mother let go of the child and the grandmother caught the young boy in her arms. The mother also tumbled to the ground and landed on her shoulder.
Medics rushed both the mother and baby to the hospital. They said the baby did not suffer any injuries but the mother likely has a broken shoulder.