PORTLAND – A Lake Oswego mother and two teenage boys helped rescue a girl from her second story bedroom window Tuesday.
The house off of Woodland Terrace caught on fire just after 8 a.m. Crews said it swept through a good portion of the second floor of the 5,000 square foot home.
The unidentified mother and two boys were able to get a ladder to the teenage girl and help her safely to the ground as crews arrived.
"The family deserves a lot of the credit for the successful rescue of this girl," Lake Oswego Battalion Chief David Morris said.
The four were checked out at a hospital and released by noon.
Firefighters said they were able to cover and protect many of the furnishings and personal items in the home.
The cause may have been a candle on the second floor deck. Damage was estimated at $200,000.