9 dogs in pet sitter's care killed in Washington fire

EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Officials say at least nine dogs have died after a space heater sparked a fire in Snohomish.

The Daily Herald reports that the Tuesday blaze happened in a shop building near Blackmans Lake.

Snohomish fire Chief Ron Simmons says a woman who lives there in an apartment had been working as a pet sitter at the time and had several dogs in her care.

Investigators have confirmed the deaths of nine dogs but they suspect more have died after escaping the fire with smoke inhalation and burns.

A nearby veterinary hospital has offered to keep the recovered remains of the animals for their owners, some of whom were out of town at the time.

The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and has been ruled an accident.



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment