King County Public Health is investigating a foodborne illness outbreak at Toulouse Petit Kitchen and Lounge in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood.
The restaurant’s permit was temporarily suspended after several patrons experienced symptoms consistent with bacterial infection, such as Salmonella or E. coli.
Six of seven people from the same party got sick after eating at Toulouse Petit on Sept. 10. None of them were hospitalized.
Public Health tested samples from the restaurant and found instances of improper refrigeration, cross contamination, and problems with room temperature storage.
Toulouse Petit will be allowed to reopen when it has made corrections.
Copyright 2016 KING