Football and beer go hand in hand but hard ciders are the drink that is steadily growing in popularity. Today is the first day of Washington Cider Week, and what's even better is that it's actually ten days of cider celebrations! Mari McBride, manager of Prost German Pubs shares recipes for a few creative cider cocktails.
Washington Cider Week runs from September 8 -18 at various locations. Click HERE for a schedule of events. Prost and Portland Cider Company have partnered for a series of cider events in the Seattle area.
- Feierabend Seattle Cider Summit After-Party - Saturday, Sept. 10, 5-8pm
- West Seattle Prost! Tasting - Tuesday, Sept. 13, 6-8pm
- Die Bierstube "Snakebite + Cider" Showcase - Saturday, Sept. 17, 6-9pm
For more info on all things cider and other upcoming happenings, visit www.nwcider.com.
Schwarz Velvet Cider & Kostritzer - layered in equal parts
- 1.5 oz. Blackberry liquor
- Dash of Underberg or bitters
- Squeeze fresh lemon to taste
- Eaglemount Homestead Dry Cider
Serve in a wine glass on ice and enjoy!
Kummel Cider Crush
- 2 cucumbers, muddled
- 1.5 oz. Helbing Hamburgs Kummel
- One Tree Lemon Basil Hard Cider (from Spokane Valley)
Serve in a pint glass and enjoy!
- 1 oz. Goldwasser Liqueur
- 2 oz. Ginja Ninja Ginger Hard Cider
Shake, strain, and enjoy as a shot!
Copyright 2016 KING