HAYDEN, Idaho – The Coeur d’Alene Fire Department said a house fire caused nearly $10,000 in damages but no one was injured early Thursday morning.
According to officials, the fire happened at a home located on Maple Street between Hayden Avenue and Dakota Avenue in Hayden.
Fire crews said the family in the home had used the fire place the night before and thought the fire was out. Crews said the heat from the fire stayed and seeped through the masonry. Preliminary investigation shows that the heat may have heated up the wood framing of the house and created smoke.
Authorities temporarily closed Maple Street while they investigated, but the roads have since reopened.