GARDEN CITY -- A man has been taken to the hospital after he was pulled from a burning mobile home in Garden City Thursday afternoon.
The fire was reported near the intersection of Remington and 52nd streets by the Fairgrounds at 1:34 p.m. According to Boise Fire, a neighbor spotted the blaze and called 911.
Boise Fire spokeswoman Tammy Barry said the condition of the man found inside the burning home is unknown. He was transported to a local hospital by ambulance.
The owner of the home told KTVB that several dogs were at the home and that one of them died.
The other dogs' conditions were unconfirmed.
The fire damaged nearly half of the mobile home and spread to several nearby vehicles. A power pole also was damaged in the fire.
The burning mobile home sent up a huge column of black smoke that was visible for miles away. Idaho Power and Intermountain Gas crews have also responded to the fire.
Boise Fire Capt. Jeremy Kircher said the fire is contained, but crews are still working to get it completely extinguished.
The cause of the fire was ruled as accidental by the Boise Fire Department.
Copyright 2016 KTVB