What if you don't have health coverage and can't afford whooping cough shots? County health departments are making arrangements to provide shots at list or no cost for those in need.
Information line: (360) 417-2274
Clallam will have a free shot clinic on Friday May 18 from 4p-7p
County Public Health office
111 East 3rd St.
Port Angeles, WA
The public can call (360) 385-9400 for information.
Jefferson is planning free clinics and will post the information on the website when the specifics are set.
King County is doing a free shot clinic Saturday, May 12 from 9a-1p
Group Health Burien Medical Center
140 SW 146th St.
Information line: (253) 798-6500
Pierce County has a regular calendar of mobile clinics where people can get the shots nearly every day. The clinics are geared towards children, but they have adult vaccinations available as well. For adults that do not have insurance or are underinsured, they can get a Tdap shot at these clinics. They can print out a coupon (or just show up, but the coupon helps us get people there) at this site: http://www.tpchd.org/resources/immunizations/whooping-cough-vaccine-qualifying-adults/. CLICK HERE to see the calendar for the clinics
First, the Health District is placing whooping cough vaccine in retail pharmacies to dispense to low-income, uninsured adults throughout the county. The 15 participating pharmacies will not charge for the cost of the vaccine but may charge a fee up to $15.60 for giving the shot.
Pharmacies with free/reduced whooping cough vaccines:
- Arlington Pharmacy - 540 North West Avenue, Arlington
- Bartell's - 22833 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell
- Bartell's - 18001 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell
- Bartell's - 1115 13th Street, Snohomish
- Bartell's - 621 State Route 9 Northeast, Lake Stevens
- Bartell's - 17633 Highway 99, Lynnwood
- Bartell's - 3625 148th Avenue Street Southwest, Lynnwood
- Bartell's - 23028 100th Avenue West, Edmonds
- Bartell's - 7205 267th Street Northwest, Stanwood
- Bartell's - 5006 132nd Street Southeast, Building A, Everett
- QFC - 22828 100th Avenue West, Edmonds
- QFC - 4919 Evergreen Way, Everett
- QFC - 2615 Broadway, Everett
- QFC - 926 164th Southeast, Mill Creek
- QFC - 27008 92nd Avenue Northwest, Stanwood
Second, to promote the free vaccine, the Health District campaign has developed a special coupon for participants of the Women, Infants, Children nutrition program to give to family and friends who may come into contact with their babies. The coupon encourages low-income, uninsured adults to visit a Snohomish Health District Clinic or participating pharmacy for the free vaccination. An administration fee of up to $15.60 may apply. The coupon will also be distributed by other organizations that work with low-income populations. If you lose or forget your coupon, you still can get a free shot at a participating pharmacy if you meet the income requirements.
Information Line for the Public: (360) 709-3080
Thurston is planning a free shot clinic to be held in the next week or so.
Whatcom is doing a free shot clinic Friday, May 11 from 10a-3p at Bellis Fair Mall
For a list of county health department/district websites in Washington state, go to:
Join us for a special presentation of "Whooping Cough Epidemic: Protecting our Families" Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m .on KING 5.