The Seattle School Board is expected to vote Wednesday, May 16, to pay new superintendent Jose Banda $270,00 per year. Here is a look at other superintendents whose salary surpassed $200,000 per year in 2011-2012, not including benefits.
- Tony Apostle, Puyallup $252,215
- Edward Vargas, Kent $250,000
- Amalia Cudeiro, Bellevue, $242,200
- Arthur Jarvis, Tacoma, $240,000
- Elaine Beraza, Yakima, $236,893
- Marci Larsen, Mukilteo, $232,925
- R. Stephen Rasmussen, Issaquah, $223,080
- Nancy Stowell, Spokane, $216,614
- Steven Webb, Lake Stevens, $212,769
- Kenneth Hoover, Monroe, $211,692
- David Kimball, Lake Washington, $211,098
- Jean Shumate, Stanwood-Camano, $200,458
Information compiled from the Washington Schools Data page on the Kitsap Sun website.