COWLITZ COUNTY, Wash. – Eight teens were arrested for stealing more than 50 guns from a man in Cowlitz County.
Deputies believe they have recovered all of the stolen guns but are still investigating.
The suspects sold some of the stolen firearms, pawned others and some guns were destroyed, according to the sheriff’s office. Most of them are believed to be fully automatic.
The guns were stolen from a man in his 80s who was prohibited from possessing the firearms because of previous felony convictions, according to the Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies seized nearly 400 guns from the property that had not been stolen. They did not say where the man lived because the investigation is ongoing.
Deputies don’t know why the man had so many guns but they believe it was just a collection and say there is no evidence suggesting he planned to criminally use the weapons. The sheriff's office is considering pressing charges against him.
The following were arrested and their charges are listed:
- Skylar Smith, 19, of Yelm, Wash. Burglary, trafficking stolen property, theft of a firearm.
- Justin C. Gillman, 19, of Longview. Burglary, trafficking stolen property, theft of a firearm.
- Mycah U. Mendoza, 18, of Kelso. Burglary, theft of a firearm.
- Kyle M. Lopez, 17, of Kelso. Burglary, theft of a firearm.
- Nicholas A. Bradley, 15, of Kelso. Burglary, theft of a firearm.
- Brent A. Bradley, 16, of Kelso. Burglary, theft of a firearm.
- Rodney Milliman, 16, of Longview. Burglary, trafficking stolen property.
- William Justin Milliman, 17, of Longview. Burglary, theft of a firearm.