Carbon monoxide poisoning in Oregon sends 5 to hospital

Carbon monoxide poisoning in Oregon sends 5 to hospital

Credit: Brandon Paxton, Clackamas Fire District 1

Carbon monoxide poisoning in Oregon sends 5 to hospital

Print
Email
|

by KGW Staff

NWCN.com

Posted on August 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. -- Five people have been taken to the hospital after they reportedly suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials said.

Crews were dispatched at around 7 a.m. to the 8500 block of Southeast Constance Drive, according to spokesman Brandon Paxton of Clackamas Fire District 1.

Three adults and two children were affected, Paxton said. The CO level inside the home was at about 120 parts per million. Normal CO levels should be less than 5 parts per million.

Investigators said a faulty water heater was likely to blame.


View Larger Map

Print
Email
|