EUGENE, Ore. – Three University of Oregon basketball players have left the campus amid the controversy surrounding their involvement in an alleged rape case.
The men were not charged with any crimes. School officials said Brandon Austin, Damyean Dotson and Dominic Artis will not return to the basketball team, but there was still no word Monday on whether the men will continue to attend the school.
Meanwhile, university administrators have been under the microscope since last week for their handling of the case.
“They’ve already dismissed the players, now they are looking at the public and saying, ‘OK, we’ve dismissed them. No more questions, please go away,’” said sports analyst John Canzano. “But I don’t think people are satisfied with what they’ve said."
Students and staff continue to ask why university officials took so long to address the allegations.
The UO Coalition to End Sexual Violence has been critical of the response. The group planned a protest Monday that includes a march on the president’s office.
They said they will bring a list of demands, including an apology, a revised conduct code and adding a mandatory class on gender and sexuality. They also said they want answers by Thursday.