PORTLAND -- The man arrested Monday after a bank robbery in the Pearl District has now been tied to five more robberies in Oregon and Washington, police said Friday.
Andrew Frank Laviguer, 57, was accused of robbing the Wells Fargo Bank at 845 NW 11th Avenue with a replica gun Monday afternoon. He then fled into a nearby office building, where he was found and arrested, said Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson.
Background: Cops catch fleeing Pearl District bank robber
Laviguer was wanted by the U.S. Marshals Service for an escape warrant and investigators determined he is the primary suspect in the following bank robberies:
- Aug. 14 - Columbia Bank at 10735 NE Halsey Street, Portland
- Aug. 30 - Key Bank at 9655 17th Ave. SW, King County, Wash.
- Sept. 4 - Sterling Savings Bank at 4802 Tacoma Mall Blvd., Tacoma
- Sept. 7 - Super 8 motel at 25438 SW Parkway Ave., Wilsonville
- Sept. 8 - Rodeway Inn at 3340 Astoria Way NE, Salem
Anyone with information on the robberies or the suspect was asked to submit a tip here.