Drivers in the Seattle area this weekend will have a lot of company on the roads and road closures to contend with.
On Saturday, an estimated 500,000 people will be in downtown Seattle and 35 bus routes will be altered by the different events taking place.
The annual Capitol Hill Block Party starts Friday at 3 p.m. and runs all weekend. Nearly 10,000 people are expected to attend the event featuring over 100 bands on six different stages. Streets closed Friday at 2 a.m. for set up and will remain closed until 5 a.m. on Monday.
In addition to the block party a few other events will increase traffic in Seattle.
RELATED: Download the KING 5 traffic app
The Seafair Torchlight Parade is set to start at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday. Prior to the parade State Route 99 will be closed for the Torchlight Run from 5:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
The Mariners have games Friday at 7:10 p.m. and Saturday at 1:10 p.m. On Sunday, the Mariners and Sounders have games at 1:10 p.m. and 8 p.m. respectively.
Buses with reroutes this weekend include RapidRide C and D lines, Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 21, 24, 26, 28, 33, 36, 40, 43, 47, 49, 66, 70, 83, 84, 99, 120, 125, 131, 132, and Sound Transit routes 522, 545 and 554.
For full information on how bus service will be affected, visit the Metro Online Service Advisories page.
Additionally, two events are taking place at KeyArena this weekend. The UFC is scheduled to start at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and One Direction will take the stage at the Key at 7 p.m. on Sunday.
It's not just event traffic that will affect travelers. Works on roads around the Puget Sound will impact drivers.
List of construction closures:
- Starting at 11:59 p.m. Friday all lanes of southbound Interstate 5 will close under the Washington State Convention Center for an annual test of the fire suppression system. The express lanes will be open southbound overnight and mainline traffic will have to exit at Stewart Street.
- The I-5 exit ramps at Corson Avenue South will be closed the entire weekend starting at 9 a.m. Friday so crews can replaced broken expansion joints and resurface sections of the ramps. The exits are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. on Monday.
- The off ramp from southbound I-5 to State Route 520 will close overnight from Saturday to Sunday for signal repair work.
- The Northgate Way Improvement Project began July 25 and will impact traffic on Northgate Way from Greenwood Avenue North to Lake City Way Northeast for the next year. Currently, 105th is closed eastbound at Greenwood Avenue North for the first phase of construction.
- Eastbound State Route 18 will close for repairs July 26-29 between State Route 167 and Southeast 304th Street. The 3-mile stretch of road will reopen for the Monday morning commute.