MERIDIAN -- Police say a local Marine who was on short-term leave from the military has died.
Meridian Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea says the 18-year-old died in a Meridian apartment of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by faulty heating equipment.
A Facebook page set up in his honor is called 'Remembering McQuen Forbrush'.
The man's girlfriend found him unreponsive Saturday afternoon on the bedroom floor and called for help. She became ill and had to be hospitalized.
Stay with KTVB.COM for more updates on this story.