Just about every pet owner has been in an emergency situation with their pet, frantically wondering what to do. Now the Red Cross has come up with a Pet First Aid App that gives you lifesaving information so you can provide emergency care until you can get your pet to a vet.
The 99-cent app for iPhone and Android gives you step-by-step instructions, videos and images for more than 25 common first aid and emergency situations.
• Prepare and protect your pet’s health with advice on administering medication, time to say goodbye, behavioral help and how to act in a disaster situation.
• Early warning sign checker for preventive care.
• Programmable veterinary contact number to be available when needed throughout the app.
• Learn first aid steps for more than 25 common pet situations through a combination of text, video and images, in addition to identifying common toxic substances.
• Locate your nearest emergency vet hospital or pet-friendly hotels.
• Respond to pet emergencies with “how to” videos for the common and stressful emergency situations inclusive of size specific CPR techniques.
• Customize multiple pet profiles and set veterinary appointments.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends along with a picture of your pet