BELLEVUE, Wash. -- The cat caught in a Bellevue apartment fire is now home after spending more than two weeks at the vet.
Owners of Ellie May the cat say she went through laser surgery at Seattle Veterinary Specialist last week to remove dead skin tissue and will get skin grafts in the next week or so.
According to a website raising money for Ellie’s surgery, donors have raised more than $7,700. Her owner, Cassie Howard, said their goal is $10,000.
Ellie was pulled from the debris of the fire at the Hampton Green Apartments on November 5.
Howard had left for work when the fire broke out. She returned to the scene to search for Ellie.
The cat was caught in her owner’s bedroom and firefighters found her under the bed.
"I may have lost all my things, but I didn't lose everything. I will rebuild and move forward, I just feel so blessed to have Ellie girl alive. She is the one thing I cared about losing. Thank you for all your love and support!!" Howard wrote on the fundraising website.