Posted on April 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Tuesday, Apr 10 at 4:59 PM
Pet waste is not only a nuisance, but it can also be a serious health risk. Pet lifestyle expert, Sandy Robins, explains how pet parents can reduce their pet's "carbon pawprint" with natural food, biodegradable waste bags, and safe cleaning products. To visit her website, click here.
Motley Zoo Animal Rescue brought along some of their adorable dogs who are eager to find loving families. To learn more, click here.
Here is a list of products that Sandy showcased during today's segment:
treats and canned food – Grain-free and gluten free. All natural with no added sugar or salt. It contains prebiotics that are good for digestive health.
canned food – Made with savory, all-natural ingredients with added vitamins and nutrients. There are never fillers or artificial preservatives.
Petco Waste Dispenser bags
- Quick and easy cleanup anywhere you and your dog may travel. Tether the dispenser to your leash with included bone-shaped ring and waste bags are ready at your fingertips.
Planet Petco Pine Cat Litter
– Made with 10% natural pine lumber byproducts. No trees are cut to make the product. It’s all natural with no added chemicals and is environmentally safe and biodegradable. Can also be used for landscape mulch or compost.
Planet Petco toys
– The stuffing is made from cotton, which is a sustainable resource. There are no added chemicals and the product uses natural vegetable dyes.
Planet Petco collars and leashes
– The fabric is 100% recycled polyester and the revolutionary process enable Planet Petco to turn plastic bottles into soft and durable fabric that is as eco-friendly as it gets. Leads are made from 3 plastic bottles, while collars are made from one plastic bottle.
Pureness Eco dog bowl
– Made with 100% plant materials like bamboo and rice husks. All of the labels are printed on 100% recycle paper.
Planet Petco cat bed
– The fill is made from 100% post-consumer recycled fiber obtained from plastic water and soda bottles. They are shredded, melted and extruded, becoming high-loft polyester fiber.
– Products are safe for the planet, healthy, non-toxic and biodegradable. They use natural and plant-based ingredients.
Earthbath Natural pet shampoo
– Made from natural ingredients that are non-toxic and gentle. Especially good for pets that have sensitivities that make it difficult to get clean. The shampoo is mild, hypo-allergenic and tearless.