A new short film, set to debut at upcoming film festivals, turns the spotlight on domestic violence in a different way. Asylum follows a woman so damaged, she's retreated into her own world, and we learn more about her experience through her dreams and hallucinations.
The film's creator and star, Melinda Raebyne, shared the inspiration for the powerful short film.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Asylum
Follow the film's progress on Facebook
If you or someone you know needs help, please call one of the following hotlines:
- 800-562-6025—Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline, 8am-5pm every day
- 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 (TTY)—The National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hours everyday
- 206-812-1001 (videophone)—King County Deaf Hotline, 24 hours everyday
- 855-812-1001 (videophone) or Deafhelp@thehotline.org—National Deaf Hotline, 9am-5pm M-F
- Teen Dating Violence Hotline, 866-331-9474, LoveIsRespect.org – call, chat, or text, 24 hours everyday
CLICK HERE for additional resources through Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Copyright 2016 KING