On Friday, June 1, KING 5 and Northwest Harvest will set up at the following locations:
- Chain Lake Elementary, Monroe
- Bothell High School, Bothell
- St Joseph School, Seattle
- Mountain View Middle School, Bonney Lake
We are so excited to take our annual campaign in a new direction. Directly appealing to the compassion and enthusiasm of students will bring even more awareness to the issue of childhood hunger.
Each year the summer months prove to be especially challenging for kids who lose the benefit of free and reduced meal programs.
Food and money collected during the Summer Hunger Challenge will be used to stock the shelves of food banks throughout Western Washington and ease some of the stress on families in need.
Not a student? You can still participate!
- Stop by one of our locations on June 1
- Drop off a donation to any Sterling Bank branch in Western Washington
- Text “hometeam” to 85944 and make a $10 donation to the cause
- or tune in to KING 5 news on June 1 to find out about additional opportunities to contribute
We also want to give a shout out to all of the schools participating in the Summer Hunger Challenge:
- Frank Wagner Elementary, Monroe
- Freylands Elementary, Monroe
- Salem Woods Elementary, Monroe
- Maltby Elementary, Maltby
- Olympic View Middle School, Mukilteo
- Anacortes Middle School, Anacortes
- Edmonds Woodway High School, Edmonds
- Forest View Elementary, Everett
- Meadowdale High School, Lynnwood
- John Sedgwick Junior High, Port Orchard
- Chateau Jouval, Kenmore
- Gateway Middle School, Everett
- Harbour Pointe Middle School, Mukilteo
- Ballard High School, Seattle
- Whatcom Hills Waldorf School, Bellingham
EVERY participating school will be eligible for our prize: 2 tickets for each student to Absolute Air Park in Arlington! The winner will be determined by the total number of MEALS (weight + dollars) collected per capita for the number of students at the school.
There is still time to get involved. Please contact me if you, your community group, club or school would like to join the Summer Hunger Challenge!
KING 5 Television