Violent serial rapist goes off at sentencing



Posted on August 15, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Updated Thursday, Sep 24 at 12:34 PM

Video: RAW: Serial rapist speaks out at sentencing

SEATTLE - Serial rapist Curtis Thompson is going to prison for the rest of his life for raping a Seattle woman and assaulting two women in Seattle's University District in August 2004.

Thompson went into a verbal rage in court Tuesday. He was yelling and swearing, but could not lash out physically. Due to his potentially violent nature, he was restrained in a chair. He was eventually wheeled out of the courtroom.

Thompson insisted that he be allowed to present motions to have his convictions overturned due to improper conduct. He accused the prosecution of withholding and fabricating evidence and presenting perjured testimony.

Related Content

He also lashed out at his own public defenders.

"These state (expletive) idiots aren't representing me properly,"a said Thompson.

That's when the judge ordered him wheeled out of the courtroom. Thompson continued his profanity-laced objection all the way to the door.

After Thompson was out of the courtroom, the woman he raped spoke about how she is still traumatized.

"I suffered through many sleepless and angry nights. I couldn't return to work for months. This had an effect on every aspect of my life, physical, emotional, financial and in my relationships with others," said the woman, who KING 5 News is not identifying.

The judge sentenced Thompson to life in prison without parole.

During the rape trial last month, Thompson, 49, testified that he was a victim, oppressed by the government.

He was convicted in October 2008 for the attack two women in an elevator in the University District. The women escaped when someone hearing their screams pried open the elevator door.

Thompson is considered so potentially violent, he was strapped into a chair during both trials. He reportedly lunged at his attorney in the most recent trial.

Thompson is set to be tried next month for the murder of Deborah S. Byers in her Seattle apartment, which also happened in August 2004.